It's a tiny gift, very inexpensive, yet packed with meaning and sentiment. I love the image of my 80 year old Dad, stepping up to the clerk at the post office with his 20-odd mini-packages (one for each child, spouse and grandchild) paying more for postage than he did for the gift. And I love more than anything, receiving this package in the mail each year.
My point is, that you don't have to spend a lot of money to have a big impact on Valentine's Day. Money is tight for everyone this year. Don't despair, Dipstick has you covered with these five romantic ways to woo your lady without a lot of cash.
1. Make her a romantic mixed CD of all the sexy songs that remind you of her.
2. Don't go as cheap as the Whitman Sampler, but do visit a specialty chocolate store and pick out four designer chocolates and present her with a tiny box, all wrapped up nice.
3. Write her a love poem. Or sing her a love song. Don't have one of your own? Feel free to borrow, but don't take credit for someone else's work.
4. Who needs to sit elbow to elbow with crowds of straight people on Valentine's Day. Instead, stay in and make her a delicious meal at home. Candlelight, wine, sensuous appetizers are a must. Steak or lobster tails are always a good choice.
5. Most of all, tell her and show her you love her in all the little ways that matter the most anyway.