Thursday, October 23, 2008

Greetings from Montana!

Pattycake and I have been visiting my folks (and Nana) this week in NW Montana and have had a blast. We were staying at their brainchild Flathead River Ranch, an exclusive ranch community they've been developing for the last five years.

It was Nana's 83rd Birthday and we celebrated in style on Tuesday: with lemon cake and Pinot Noir. You'd never know Nana was 83 and I swear, she is still sharper than most people I know. Mom and I were surrounded by three Libras (Dad and Patty's birthday are earlier in October).
We spent this week lounging around in flannel pajamas, going for walks during fleeting snow storms and eating. Did I mention the food? There was plenty of eating. (In fact, as I type, my mom just walked in and said "donuts!")

The photo above is of the four girls, taken at another project my parents are developing on the other side of the valley. It's called Canyon Creek Ranch.

The adorable dog in Pattycake's lap is Trapper, their Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. He is ten months old and totally owns my parents. He goes everywhere (even to the Bulldog Saloon for buffalo wings) and on the raft to float down the Flathead River. (In case you're worried about him, he has his own life jacket--no joke.)

Sadly, we're leaving today. We road-tripped here and we're hitting the pavement again today, this time headed up north to Calgary and then to Banff. It's my first trip to Banff and I'm super excited.


Stay tuned for more.

No comments: