Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Goodbye Grandma Daggett!





I've been off the radar. My grandmother--our beautiful Italian Matriarch--Nora Elaine Daggett died recently. I'm headed home for the funeral this week and have been working on her eulogy. I'm lucky enough to get to write and present her life on behalf of my big family.

For those of you who follow this blog, you also know I lost a cousin in Iraq in 2008: Kyle. The photo below is of Grandma and Kyle at Christmas a number of years ago. Grandma was so proud of Kyle and so devastatingly heartbroken when war took him from our family. I'm not sure she ever fully recovered after losing such a young bird in her flock.

I am embedding this song, Mama (Il Divo), which we'll be using in a video we're making of her life for the memorial. Her parents were born in Bologna, Italy and moved to the US right before her birth. Her Italian heritage was very much a part of her life in America and continues to be woven into our family.

We miss you and love you Grandma!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sincere condolences Lip.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.