Saturday, December 1, 2007

White Elephant Winner

At Texas' company Christmas parties each year, I'm usually one of the first to pick during the White Elephant gift exchange. Which means, someone always snatches what I pick (if it's cool) and I end up with a porcelain figurine of a heterosexual couple (it made it's fifth appearance this year), a pasta measure ring or a Santa that blows bubbles out of his butt (I kind of like this one). A couple years ago, it nearly went to blows (a different kind) over the dancing African American Santa (I lost) and the year before, I scored Dipstick some vintage Fonz drinking glasses after bribing Texas' cohort with a piece of cheesecake and a twenty.

This year was different--I had the edge--and I used it to my advantage. I was second to last to choose, so I got my pick of gifts to take. I stole something I'd had my eye on during the hour-long tug of war: A Red Faucet Light. (It will look killer in my writing space's bathroom.) I lifted it from the owner of the real estate firm Texas works through, a dyke who we LOVE (pictured here as I snatch it from her!). She was a great sport about it, but I thought I was going to pee my pants at this point (wine always makes me silly).


Such fun and such a great group of people Texas works with side-by-side. Her office is known as the gay RE/MAX and nearly half her fellow realtors also dabble in same-sex yum yum. I wish I'd snapped a pic of Texas last night; she looked absolutely amazing! I'm the luckiest women on earth.

Let's the holiday festivities begin!

As I type, it is snowing outside.

No comments: