Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Top 5 Signs You Might Be a Butch
The other night I went to see a great movie at the Portland Lesbian and Gay Film Festival. It was called Butch Jamie. If you have the chance, go see it. It got me thinking. Recently there has been a dearth of butches in Hollywood. I had to go back all the way to 1995 and The Incredibly True Adventures of Two Girls in Love to find a butch in a movie. You remember, cute Randy Dean, played by Laurel Holloman.
And look what they did to her! They femmed her all out and made her Tina Kinnard on The L Word. What kind of message is that sending to baby butches out there?
So, it occurred to me that without any real representation, there just might be some butches out there, who are butch and just don’t know it.
So here are Dipstick’s Top Five Signs you may be butch:
1. Your favorite number is 501.
2. You believe a black leather jacket goes with any outfit. (It does)
3. You’ve never paid more than $20 for a hair cut.
4. When you say you’re packing, you’re not necessarily going on a trip.
5. Your gift registry is at Home Depot.
Dipstick with Butch Jamie director/writer/star Michelle Ehlen