Friday, May 2, 2008

East Coast Tour :: NYC to Boston

We woke up this morning a little hung over and dragged our sorry asses out of bed and headed uptown to the offices of Alyson Books, our esteemed publisher. We picked up a few books because of stellar sale on this trip we're running low. We met Anthony La Sasso (pictured), the marketing and sales manager at Alyson.

Booking a boat tour around Manhattan seemed like a good idea at the time. But then again, we weren't hung over when we had the idea. Add a queasy stomach to rough waters and Dipstick was a bit green in the gills by the time we got off the boat.

It was amazing, though, to see the Statue of Liberty up close and Ellis Island, the place where my ancestors p
assed
through on their way to America. Lipstick had one less margarita than I, so she's looking fly on the boat, even if it was a bit chilly.


We hated to say good bye to the city that never sleeps, but with dates in Boston and Northampton, we loaded up the Kia, Rio and hit the turnpike.
Lipstick was first at the wheel. At one point I looked ove
r and noticed her banging her head against the steering wheel and slapping
her face. "Are you all right?" I asked. "If you don't like Melissa Ferrick, I can change the song."
"I'm trying to keep myself awake," the femme replied. "I almost dozed off there for a minute."

Uh, Lip, in the future, just pull over and hand me the keys, really. I don't mind driving.

I have to admit, it's a long drive from New York to Boston, but we made it here to my sister's girlfriend's house where we were greeted by three cats and big Burnese Mountain dog. The femmes hit the town, while this butch took the much needed alone time, playing with the felines and catching up on TV.

If you're in Boston, come see us tonight at PURE, 75 Warrenton Street, Boston. 10pm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How can you fall asleep with Ferrick playing? That doesn't make sense. I think she should see a doctor.