Saturday, August 16, 2008

See What I Missed Out On: Cat Cora Lesbian Chef

Last Saturday my friends Dionne and Tracy invited me to come down with them to "The Bite of Portland," some event for people who are really into food and cooking and know what truffle-infused salt is and actually enjoy it. Dionne and Tracy are foodies. Whenever I'm at their house, the Food Network is playing on the TV and they're bouncing off each other's butts in the kitchen whipping up some simple enchilada dish or a 17 layer dip.

That's one of the reasons I love going to their house. There's always something yummy to munch on. Even when it's just cheese and crackers, they've got seven different kinds of cheese I've never heard of and hand-baked sesame crackers. It's awesome.


But, to be honest, I was a bit intimidated to go to The Bite with them. I was sure I was going to be forced to plow through booths of expensive cutting utensils and gourmet pepper mills, trying to decipher which eggplant parmesan had fresh basil versus dried. Plus, I had just done a long hike at Mt. Hood and wanted to put my feet up and watch the Olympics.

But, by being food shy, I missed out. Little did I know Dionne and Tracy would be hanging out with lesbian celebrity and Iron Chef winner Cat Cora. Here they are downing shots of ouzo with her. They were thrilled.  Well, even if I didn't get to meet her, at least I know they showed that dyke chef a good time and represented well for the dykes of Portland. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can identify..I love good food, but don't really hunger after any of those Pampered Chef utensils my sister used to give me!
Yum, here's to meat protein, nut protein, all different kinds of cheeses, yogurt, salad with the right kind of dressing, and a nice dose of dark chocolate during that certain time of the month (Ghirardelli and organic mint).