Friday, August 8, 2008

Two Exciting Events this Weekend


First, one of my favorite lezbot songstrisses is performing outside Seattle tomorrow night. My friend and singer/songwriter/indie folk artist Christine Havrilla will be doing her thing, playing from her new album In My Chair. I can't wait to hear her play my favorite track: Lay It On Me. Love it! The show is being held at--get this--a lesbian-owned farm! You're free to bring your tents and RVs and camp on site, too. There will be a potluck (of course, lesbians...) and happy hour spent with Rilla before the show, which is at 7pm. For tickets and directions, drop Joy an email at rudancing@msn.com.
Rumor has it Lipstick will be at this show...

Second, CURVE contributing photographer Kina Williams is having will have an opening party for her gallery show at Barberama/Javarama gallery-cafe tomorrow night! The event is from 6-9pm (I heard a rumor Dipstick might be there). At the show of her shots (they'll run throughout August) you can enjoy live performances by Annie Vergnetti and Johanna and get free drinks!

Check it out, Portland bitches. Kina kicks ass.


No comments: