Friday, November 30, 2007

The Thanksgiving Rack


Well, my luggage finally did catch up to me at my parents and I was able to disperse the copies of Lipstick & Dipstick’s Essential Guide to Lesbian Relationships that I had brought for my family. I handed them out and told my family that it was adult content and my nieces and nephews weren’t allowed to read it until they turned 18.

They all opened a book and started reading. It got very quiet around the dessert table. My dad was the one to break the silence. “What’s a rack?” he asked. Uh, oh. If dad doesn’t know what a rack is, he’s going to have a hard time with cunnilingus crack, gold star and polyamory. Maybe I should have said no one over 65 was allowed to read it either. I can’t imagine the emails I’m going to get from him!

© Photo by Arlen Roche

No comments: