Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Catie Curtis' Sweet Life

This weekend I had the pleasure of seeing the sweet and adorable Catie Curtis in concert. How cute is she? I ran into a friend whose girlfriend kept taking off her wedding ring and handing it back to her, because every other song she fell in love with Catie.

Catie has a new album of all upbeat and inspirational songs. Normally, I like my music a little darker, but this is what Catie has to say, "I probably wouldn’t have written a record this positive if things were going great in the world and we had peace and prosperity. There are lots of reasons to be unhappy or anxious at this time, and I think the album is as much about resilience as anything. In order to stay sane and keep moving forward you have to be able to look at all the bad news around you and see the beauty that is there alongside the trouble." 

Not only is Catie Curtis a great singer songwriter,  she's completely out as a lesbian mom to two adopted girls. Here's a song from her new album:

No comments: