Monday, January 26, 2009

Chicks with Picks


Dipstick calm down, I didn't say chicks with dicks--I said Chicks with Picks! Last night was a blast at the Railyway Club, a Vancouver BC music venue that has seen some of the biggest names in music get their start. Notably kd lang, who signed her poster (see photo below). But last night wasn't about any of them; it was about two up-and-coming stellar performers who packed the house with the ladies.
My friend, Bonnie Ste. Croix (who ROCKS!) was one of them and Vicki Sjohall was the other, someone who I was happy to discover. This music series--Chicks with Picks--is put on my local promoter Trigger (GirlGigs) who is super cool and a friend of our friend Ashleigh Flynn (the lezzie community is so connected...by a beautiful web of guitar strings, estrogen, tofu and lube).

I took these little videos of Bonnie and Vicky and thought I'd throw them up here for you as a Monday morning present. (Bonnie had a bad cold, but still sounded amazing! This was in part thanks to the scotch, which soothed her throat so she could finish her set.) The video quality kind of blows, so you can see Bonnie's video for "You are the Reason" Here.
See Bonnie's live version: "You are the Reason" HERE.

See Vicky's rendition of "Nothing Compares to You" HERE.































No comments: