Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lezzie Sorority


Check it out: there is now a national lesbian sorority for you girls who long for the bonding, pillow-fighting, warm fuzzies of joining a sorority. It's called: Gamma Rho Lambda and they're looking for a few good lesbians. Although they're not officially known as the lesbian sorority--but instead "providing a social support system for young college students, inclusive of all of our members, whether they identify as lesbian, bisexual, transgender, questioning, straight, or with no label"--there sure are a lot of lesbians!

I should preface all this by saying pairing your college experience with sorority life is like sitting down for a steak and the right glass of red wine. I was a sorority girl in college (rowdy-doo Kappa Kappa Gamma) and it was--next to coming out of the closet and deciding to be a writer--the best decision I've made in my life. I'm still very close to many of my sisters (who are all straight, except one, who was my first girlfriend--the novel's coming!) and cherish my memories at Kappa.

Anyhoo, any of you dyke-o-romos in or headed to a big state school (check out their website for chapters) and looking for a similar experience, consider the ya-ya-sisterhood of sorority life.

No comments: